Reply To: Virgin Upper Class

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

Someone once said “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

If VS continues to win awards with its current Upper Class Suite, then I would imagine that is hardly an incentive to switch away from it.

Remember they already had a duff investment in their J2000 wedgie bed, which was removed from service.

Changing a seat/refurbishing a cabin is a major investment, and Virgin (as is the case with almost all airlines right now) is hardly awash with cash.

They *have* spent money re-designing Premium Economy, which is now one of the leaders in this class.

I would imagine Economy seats will be the next area of focus, and this will probably have to wait until new aircraft come online.

UCS can get a little passe (check out the “Austin Powers-esque” diamante trim) and the seat shells are susceptible to chips, but the cabin is far from tatty on my last A340 flight with Virgin Atlantic just four weeks ago I had no major complaints in terms of the cabin needing a refurb.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls