Reply To: United Airlines B777-200 (Version 6) United BusinessFirstCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines United Airlines United Airlines B777-200 (Version 6) United BusinessFirst Reply To: United Airlines B777-200 (Version 6) United BusinessFirst

frustratedflyer
Participant

There were no queues at the check-in desk. There is no United lounge at LHR T4 so United use the Skyteam lounge near gate 10. It is quite a nice lounge but sadly it is at the opposite end of the terminal from where the flight was departing at gate 2.

Ten minutes after boarding was due to start they announced a delay due to the late arrival of crew. Boarding then began by priority order and as I was in Business I was priority one. Despite the late boarding the flight pulled back on time having had my jacket taken from me and had a newspaper, menu and drink offered. Strangely there were no amenity kits offered.

The crew were caught out as none were sitting down when the plane went to take off with one stuck in the toilet until the flight was airborne!

The drink and food service was quick and efficient. The food was Ok but the choice of sugar snap peas as a veg was not the cleverest. Snacks were available at the front of the cabin after the meal service. A warm cookie was also offered between meals and a chicken flat bread wrap, fruit and salad were served about an hour before landing.

Was sitting in 1D which was OK apart from being next to the toilet. The seat was comfortable, IFE good with good selection and screen size.