Reply To: Turkish Airlines

Back to Forum

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

I travel more than 20/30 time per year in all the world and I used this company for the 1st time with my family total 4 members ( 2 adult, 1 kids and 1 infant).
I flight on 28/12/2014 from Kuwait – Istanbul : aircraft very old and very dirty, seat not comfortable and almost broken, all screen tv of the aircraft were not working and the airplane staff were not able to fix it and badly reply if someone comply about this problem. Air condition was not working (almost reach 30 C) and when I asked the staff if was possible to decrease the temperature they look us like they are making us a favor to use their airplane. It It was horrible time to flight with kids without entertainment and without air condition…all passenger sweating like we were in the beach.

On the flight 28/12/2014 Instanbul – Catania: hostess on board were having very bad behavior with the customers and the flight was old, no tv entertainment and very bad treatment.

On 21/01/2015 15.10 from Catania – Istanbul I was having 9 kg extra and I was ready to pay. When I went to the Turkish Airways cashier to pay with my American Express Credit Card, the uneducated Turkish Airline hostess replayed that are not able to accept that credit card. My reply was that The airline is international company and i have only that way how to pay and it was no my problem ( I bought a ticket with that credit card). I asked to speak with the duty manager. I waited for more than 20 minute and I remember her that I was having 2 kids and was lunch time and they need to eat so I solicited the presence of the duty manager. After another 20 minutes still nobody was coming and only after start to arise my voice immedialty the duty manager come. Once again I said that I want to pay my 9 extra kilo (165 euro) and I was having the American Express credit card. He start to found 1000 excuse suggesting me to provide other kind of credit card working with other bank circuit and telling that American Express need 4 hours for accept the transaction….I directly reply that is only a big excuse and we are in the 2015. Even do all other front desk of other air flight company accepting all kind of credit card. It was unbelievable when they instructed me also to do fast cash in the nearest bank. No other solution has been given by the staff. I withdraw the money with American express and as all of you know I paid extra fees for that.
After I paid the extra baggage I noticed that all my family were scattered here and there in both flight. I requested the ground hostess to change our ticket. After the tickets were given back again I noticed that still in the flight Istanbul – Kuwait i was far from my family. The replay was that the flight was already full and i should ask at the Turkish Airline ground desk at Istanbul airport.

Istanbul – Kuwait 20.10 I started to inform the Turkish Airways ground staff about the problem of the seat place, their replied me to go inside the airplane and they will come back to me to adjust the situation. My wife and my kid were having the n. 15… when I reached the inside aircraft I was not believe my eyes. The seat n. 15 was not there. The last number of business was 10 and the first number of economy was 16. I called the hostess and she asked us to wait while she will contact the ground staff. With my full family we start to move from one temporary empty seat to other empty seat due to the fact that all other passengers want to take their own seat.
After 20 minutes still nobody giving us any information and me, my wife and were really uncomfortable and embarrassed with all situation. After other 10 minutes a ground staff give to me 3 different seat, one far from another one….i was shocked and I start to complain about the situation. How I can leave my kid alone….this is safe? The light of the airplane went off and the aircraft start to move while still we were without seat and upright holding handbags, kid and infant…..TOTALLY UNSAFE. After I started to call the attention of everybody inside the aircraft, a steward come to me and in a badly way asked if for me was ok to seat in the business class. I clarify immediately that me and my family we were looking only for the seat that we paid and we were not there to search any kind of charity.
Just for add information one of the 2 toilette in the business class were: one out of order and the other one was with the washbasin obstructed and the cleanness was not maintained.

I not recommended at all this Company and I will not take again.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user giovanniruta80 can be found here

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls