Reply To: Impolite service from Turkish Airlines Indonesia Manager

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

Folks,

Look at my previous postings about TK’s crassness, rudeness (especially on the ground) and lack of safety procedures. I’ve written about this a number of times.

I’ve been twice to Istanbul is 14 days, but on a different carrier, as I swore I’d never fly TK again and have stuck by that.

I experienced further rudeness from their ground handlers (you can’t get away from them with Star Alliance carriers at IST!) at IST on Sunday. I mentioned this to the TK ticket office staff on arrival at BHX on Monday morning. The ticket staff at BHX have always been sweetness and light (and they are Turkish) and I explained my raft of bad experiences with TK over the last 12 months or so.

The chaps at the ticket desk said that they sympathised. They had experienced similar attitudes when they had been in IST for training. I quote them:

“You can tell people to smile and to be polite. However, you can’t make them.”

Says it all and it’s too darned true.

TK are an awful airline. They flouted safety rules in a very serious manner on one flight I took with them, 6 weeks after they’d had a fatal crash at AMS, and practically threw me out of the CIP Lounge when I wished to raise the issue with senior staff. The staff are unbearably rude at IST, especially at the CIP Lounge.

Bluntly, my advice is don’t use them. I would call them a “Developing World Carrier”, except that would be insulting to a number of very good carriers from the Developing World. If they spent less money on Kevin Costner and more on delivering a safe and polite service, they might be possibly have a chance to improve.

Simon

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls