Reply To: Unacceptable Customer Service from SWISS

Back to Forum

cohiba75
Participant

Myself and three colleagues have finally arrived back in London after a nightmare journey with SWISS from Geneva. Their total luck of customer care and customer service shocked us.

All four of us were booked on yesterday evening’s 20:35 GVA to LHR which SWISS cancelled two hours before – saying the plane had gone tech.

After queuing for an hour at the SWISS Desk (manned by Swissport) we were re-booked onto this morning’s 07:30 but told that they would NOT cover our accommodation as they couldn’t find anymore hotel rooms in Geneva with their contracted hotels and they were too busy to look for other hotels!!!

After much shouting, arguing and near rioting from passengers, the manager excitedly gave everyone his name and encouraged them to complain stating that SWISS doesn’t give Swissport any freedom or scope to help passengers. The attitude from all the staff was shocking.

With several conferences going on and several other flights cancelled there was no available rooms in the Geneva area. Our colleagues eventually found us some rooms close to midnight (5 hours later) so we managed about 3 hours sleep with a long 1 hour drive to and from the hotel. Most of the other passengers had to sleep overnight in the airport.

As much respected mamebers of the forum, I am asking for advice on how we shold approach this with Swiss. Unfortunately none of the 4 of us are in the SWISS F/F scheme… Myself and one other colleague are silver Star Alliance. We are all One World Emerald as we normally stick to One World…

Any advice much appreciated…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls