Reply To: Swiss A330-300 Business

Back to Forum


Arrived just on time on gate D35 from LHR. I had 1 hour and 20 minutes to connect to LX146 to Delhi who was departing from gate E16. Got out of the plane first (I was on 1A) and shortly was on my way to Dock E via the Skymetro train.

Arriving in Dock E was a little bit confusing as it’s on several levels but got through security easily and arrived to the gate with 10 minutes to spare. I didn’t get the chance to visit any lounge on that particular occasion.

Soon, boarding was announced and priority boarding enforced. I was one of the first ones to be allowed through but had to wait for a few minutes arriving at the aircraft door as the Maitre de Cabine wasn’t around.

I had managed to secure 4A at online check-in as I had heard a lot of good feedback and I have to say that I wasn’t disappointed. Quickly settling in the very comfortable seat, I was offered a choice of champagne, OJ and water. I took a glass of champagne and another of water.

After a few minutes, I was presented with the Qwestion amenity kit. Green-brownish fabric with the usual suspects, however the addition of a Ricola bonbon was a nice local touch. Menus were then handed out as were a choice of newspapers and I was pleasantly surprised that they had a few Swiss French ones !

After take –off, another round of drinks was served with snacks. There was a choice of mustard crisps and cashew nuts, I opted for both and another glass of that delicious champagne.
The Maitre de Cabine came round a few minutes later to introduce herself and switched straight to French when she saw the newspaper I was reading. She apologised in advance for her rusty French but it was really good.

A bit later, cabin crew came round to ask for our starter choice. I opted for the Taste of Switzerland option, which was sturgeon and absolutely delicious. For main, I decided to stay within the Taste of Switzerland offer and pick the Beef Sauerbraten. A choice of Swiss cheeses and a wonderful walnut mousse completed that superb display of Swiss cuisine.

To go with this, I went for the Swiss white and the Saint Emilion red for the cheese. Superb! An espresso and a Baileys rounded up this wonderful meal.

I was pretty full after that so put my seat in lounge mode and watched “Quartet” which was really good. I decided then to try the fully reclined mode and it was very comfy indeed but as it was a day flight, I didn’t want to sleep and adjust my body clock straight away. Mid-flight, we were presented with a Moevenpick Crème Brulee ice cream, which was again superb!

After watching Hyde Park on Hudson, I decided to go for a stretch and had a little chat with the Maitre de Cabine, which is always very interesting.

Around 90 minutes before landing, another meal was served from a trolley with several choices including samosas, cold roastbeef, Nicoise salad and many other options. Another glass of the beautiful Swiss white to go with and it was almost time to get ready for landing.

First Officer announced 20 minutes to landing and about 1 minute later corrected it to 10 minutes.
I assumed we were given more direct approach which was good and we landed ontime. A very long taxi later, we were docked at Terminal 3.

As I was on the first row of Business and a separate jetty was brought for First Class at door L1, I sneaked out from there once all First passengers had left. A VERY long walk back to Immigration but virtually no queue there and my luggage was already waiting for me on the carousel.

All in all, my first long haul flight with Swiss will be one to remember and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it. I’m flying back on Sunday, so I’m really looking forward to it and will review this flight in due time.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below