Reply To: South African Airways B737-800 Business (Short haul)

Back to Forum

rodders
Participant

JNB/Lusaka B 737. This was the connecting flight from JNB from my Air Namibia flight.

Boarding was via a bus, so less than ideal, especially as the plane was parked 2 away from the inbound Air Namibia flight. Business cabin had about 8/9 of us and seemed rather dismal, though the seats were ok.

We left on time so no issues there, it was an evening service so dinner was served, but by the time they came to me, the chicken was gone, so i was offered the Captain’s lamb, which was good, followed by cheese and desert. Wines were topped up from full sized bottles which was good, and the crew were reasonably friendly.

At the gate I showed them my bag tag from the connecting flight, yes we have it was the response, and I double checked with the cabin staff, who assured me the bag was on the flight.

We arrived some 20 minutes early into Lusaka, and after watching the carousel complete several cycles, NO bag, the lost and found were helpful. Anyway the bag arrived at lunchtime the next day, and lo and behold had been rifled through in JNB, and they had taken a rather nice bottle of Omani Amouage aftershave… well I suppose they had some taste! Overall 4/10

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls