Reply To: Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum

EugeneChan
Participant

I have just vented my spleen on the feedback service on their website in hope that they do something to rectify the situation. Below is an extract of my feedback:

“I am deeply unimpressed and disappointed by the unsatisfactory design of Singapore Airlines’ new website.

I was expecting a professional and attractive website but instead, I was shocked by the cheap-looking and unprofessional design of the new website.

Not only is it difficult to use and hard to navigate (e.g. I sometimes cannot access my Krisflyer account or booking), the colour scheme and coordination is awkward, and the italicised font and the calendars on the main page are ugly and deter me from using the website. These are just a few of the problems amongst a myriad of others, which I will not expose. However, I am sure other persons will comment on those other problems in due course, if they have not done so already.

The website is a haemorrhage of colours and links which have been haphazardly meshed together to form a visually unappealing, distasteful, and bordering-on-embarrassing website that fails to reflect the standards I expect of Singapore Airlines. Such a website, in my view, has undermined the quality I perceive in Singapore Airlines.

It’s a dog breakfast – literally. No words can sufficiently and accurately describe the awfulness of the new website.

I request that Singapore Airlines immediately revert back to their old website design or redesign it altogether. If something is not done to rectify this disaster, then I am sure that this will damage the Singapore Airlines brand.

The current website is simply unacceptable and will be a huge factor motivating me not to book airfares on the Singapore Airlines website, but on other more user-friendly websites, which look far more professional, such as Qantas, Emirates or Air New Zealand.”

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls