Reply To: SQ Business Class – Editors please noteCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Singapore Airlines SQ Business Class – Editors please note Reply To: SQ Business Class – Editors please note

suitdude30
Participant

Agree with all of the previous posts regarding SQ’s arrogance and declining standards, while charging fares which are far in excess of its competitors. Unlike most of my esteemed bloggers here, I don’t like the 34″ wide seats on the A380 and B777-300ER, as they do not offer any sort of recline position for movie-watching, reading, etc. It’s either upright or horizontal, with little to no in-between. Much prefer the new medium-haul model found on the refurbished 777-300 and new A330 craft. I even slept better on that than its big brother!

As for food, not only does SQ so obviously penny-pinch in offering a choice of either supper OR breakfast (but not both) on overnight flights, esp between SIN and Australia, but its food has never been that special to begin with. Especially galling when one is paying for a J class ticket. Their excuse about allowing passengers more sleeping time is hollow, as some travellers like me hardly sleep at all, and am perfectly happy to eat both meals.

Recently flew J class on MEL-BKK on SQ (via SIN of course) and back on TG. In every aspect (seat comfort, food, presentation and service), TG surpassed SQ. Therefore, unless I absolutely have to fly via Changi, or to visit Singapore, I will most almost certainly fly TG hereafter, as my travel is primarily for leisure, and TG’s fares are far better value than SQ’s. My next choice would be CX, whose new business class I look forward to sampling later this year. TG is the unsung hero!