Reply To: SQ Business Class – Editors please noteCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Singapore Airlines SQ Business Class – Editors please note Reply To: SQ Business Class – Editors please note

MarcusUK
Participant

The regional 773 /A333 C seats are Not lie flat!

The 1st class seats were fitted with the business seats from the 773-ER /A380. I travelled on this refurbed old noisy 773, in Sept 09.
As posted already by various readers from various routes to Australia, the cabin is low set, seats barely above yr head, no privacy & space is badly used. The seats are angled, with a large gap in between the leather cushions of the lower & middle…(I had to stuff a blanket in-between them), & you hear everyone from rows ahead & behind, as there are no sound breaks, or privacy, in the whole cabin of C class. I could put my fist between the cushion & side of the seat the gaps are so large sidewards also.There is a huge space wasted. The seat shell, if you drop anything through the seat very possible with the gaps between the cushions, you will have to move yr fellow passenger next to you, lie as flat on the floor as you can from the front, & drag you arm into the base of the shell, as you can reach it any other way. Staff were fishing out dropped items of several people, with serving tongues!

The diagonal entry to the forward of the cabin, caused several passengers to bang their shoulders or knees throughout the flight, trying to pass through with no visibility. Step once to the left then to the right to get through!
Before we took off, one stewardess was knocked flat by another passenger walking through & literally hit the floor on her back!

The cabin & changes are to increase Business capacity on the route, & SQ have removed one flight a day from the route (747, also there were 2 A380’s at one stage a day).

I don’t have a problem from SIN -HKG with this seat, not on an 8 hr overnight flight where the seat is awkward, cabin noisy & simply for cost reasons, they remove one meal. Everyone in the full cabin ate dinner, 5 people all made complaints, & double this when we left delayed in approach after 9.5 hrs, without a 2nd meal! Several Business passengers were going to the airport cafe to eat breakfast

I wont be flying SQ down to Sydney, it is a lottery, & i am sorry but an unsuitable C class cabin & simply not worth paying for. This is not comparing to the “New business” seat or cabin, but even to old the Raffles.
Take yr own sandwiches for dinner or breakfast, otherwise you will go hungry!