Reply To: Easyjet A319

Back to Forum

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

London Southend airport. The next airport on my list of small airports to go to. Getting there is easy. It is a simple journey from Liverpool street and well, I used to think London City was the quickest airport when it came to getting through security.

Boarding:
After we boarded the A319, somehow at immense speed, there was a slight problem; a ruptured tyre. Luckily, one was available at Southend and while a tyre change time of 17 minutes is not exactly formula speed, it is not too bad. The empty runway meant we took off immediately.

Food and Drink:
There were lots of sandwiches and other snacks on offer although I would recommend you pay in pounds as the price in euros is a bit of a rip off.

The Flight:
Despite for no reason cruising at 26000 feet, surprisingly low. The flight was uneventful. Announcements were close to seldom and turbulence seemed non existent. The sun was brighter than a laser and visibility was unlimited, well it would be if the earth was flat. Apparently, the in flight magazine was very entertaining but as there was nothing in it interesting, I did not read it.

Arrival:
Germany greeted us with cloudy skies, 12 knot crosswinds and a very busy Schonefeld airport. After a bumpy landing there was one problem at Schonefeld, it was a rather long distance to the first loo and as that was closed, the first one was in the train station.

Conclusion:
that's sums up the flight. Low cost and no attempt at being super satisfactory, but it was still beyond good enough.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user The first child can be found here

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls