Reply To: Easyjet A319 EconomyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Easyjet Easyjet A319 Economy Reply To: Easyjet A319 Economy

Bath_VIP
Participant

Flew from Newcastle to Bristol and thence to Bath. Fare was £36.

AIRPORT
My friend dropped me off at Newcastle 2 hours before my flight at 2010. I had already checked in on-line and had just hand baggage. I went straight to security which was quiet and I was through within a few minutes. I used my Priority Pass to enter the Cheviot Lounge. This is one of my preferred lounges under the Priority Pass as it is large and spacious and has excellent views of the apron and runway. Snack selection is fairly standard and I had cheese & biscuits and some crisps. Gate was called about 30 minutes before departure and I made my way to the gate. There was a slight queue outside the gate but it cleared quickly and we were able to board straightaway.

FLIGHT
The flight departed about 5 minutes ahead of schedule. I hadn’t chosen my seat on-line and had been allocated a middle seat which was disappointing. The flight was almost full but I was lucky and no-one sat in the aisle seat so I was able to move across. Service during the flight was efficient and it was noticeable the cabin crew were a cheerful lot. I bought a cup of tea and amused myself playing solitaire on my phone. We actually arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule which again felt like schedule padding.

Overall, Easyjet delivered a simple but effective service as I have experienced before and I would have no qualms about using them again. The only issue continues to be the seat pitch given that I am tall and I do hope Easyjet will be brave enough to try out a low cost business class seat at some point.

ONWARD JOURNEY
This was my first opportunity to try out the new direct bus service from Bristol airport to Bath. The A4 runs every hour from 4am to midnight and takes about an hour. In fact this report is being written on the bus as it is a double decker with some seats upstairs arranged around tables. I am hoping this service survives since it is convenient for me and avoids a change of bus in Bristol.