Reply To: EASYJET

Back to Forum

Spartan
Participant

As a loyal easyjet passenger I was appalled by staff attitude at boarding gate during my recent trip to Athens.It was a GTW-ATH flight and most passengers complied with the one piece of hand luggage rule,although many airlines allow an additional ladies handbag. The latest saga is the size of the cabin luggage. We all had to place our luggage in the easyjet orange basket horizontaly and if that was ok THEN vertically where if it did not easily fall in, they automatically checked case in the aircraft and in some cases asked for luggage fee.I asked to speak to supervisor as my case is a special cabin one by Samsonite. Other passengers made same request to no avail. Finally they passed me the phone to speak to her. When I asked her name ,she refused to give it! When I asked for her to come to the gate and measure my case,she refused. I was terribly polite even when her reply was ” I tell you what we will do madam; we will off load you and your daughter from the flight as that would be the easiest!” Another passenger who did not manage to contain her temper verbally was promptly offloaded although she had a connecting flight in Athens.I used to be Easyjets biggest fan and supporter but after a couple of bad experiences I have to conclude that Anonimity or shall I say cowardice,Blackmail and Monopoly seem to be words describing Easyjet!! Very sad for what potentially could have been a great way to travel ,short haul.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls