Reply To: Ryanair B737-800 Economy

Back to Forum

Swindoneric
Participant

I was working late in our Dublin office so had to take the Ryanair late evening flight back to Edinburgh. Baggage drop took one minute. Friendly ladies. Dublin security appears better than it previously was, and again was through in about one minute.

The Dublin priority pass lounge closes at 1930 which was a bit of a disappointment given that my flight wasn’t leaving until 2105 so managed to find a seat in the central area until the gate was announced just after 8pm.

Incoming flight from Edinburgh was nice and early and boarding started 10 minutes after it pulled onto the gate. As I like travelling in the lap of luxury I had paid a tenner to sit in seat 2D, only to be told that the row was blocked off by the friendly steward. I politely queried this and was advised to sit down as directed by a lovely Irish lady. “You don’t want to mess with these people”. She’s probably right. Did gently raise the fact that I had paid for the seat with the cabin crew and after some consideration they actually allowed me to sit there. €2.50 for a warm, tiddly can of pepsi max which exploded when I opened it.

But arrived 20 mins early, my bag was on the belt within 5 minutes, the crew were OK and even quite nice, it was really, really cheap (even with the seat, the bag and the pepsi max) and it was probably more comfy than one of the Aer Lingus tiddly prop planes.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls