Reply To: Ryanair B737-800 Economy

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

Cheers Pat and Hi Bath_VIP

On a normal airline you can check-in up to 30 minutes before departure…..With FR the Boarding Pass states “Gate Closes”……Cost me £110 to notice this glaringily obvious piece of info…

Flown with FR many times in the past and pretty much haven’t had an issue until returning from HKG to EDI via DXB …To avoid the APD (saved a fortune)

Aware of how FR work, me and my pal found the gate and had a beer at a nearby bar Watching the boards continually the status never changed from “Go to Gate”
We proceeded the 100yards to the gate, 25 minutes before the scheduled time to check why the boards hadn’t changed ……only to be met by the gate clerk returning to the main terminal, declaring that our luggage had been removed and we had missed the plane !!

Co-incidentally we were standing right below a departure board that still had the original message “ Go to Gate”…..and to rub salt into our tired and jet-lagged wounds ,the flights above our now gone flight showed both “ Final Call” and “ Boarding”……..

When we expressed our thoughts in a civilized manner we were met with a blank expression, imagine talking to a drunken cat….abdication of all signs of customer care as she ignored us and walked away…now try and imagine cat herding as we seeked answers as to what to do next…..The staff at the counter were even worse, talking to me as if I was a child that couldn’t tell the time……..

At one point she accused me of being too ignorant of travel procedures to be able to understand her and by implication should stick to taking buses!!…..At the point of having to hand over my CC to pay the surcharge ,I did something I would never normally do….Pulled out my BA Silver card and my old BD Gold and ensured both cards fell onto her computer !!

2 letters of complaint were also met with jibber jabberish that makes their on-line T&C’s page look suitable reading for a 4 year old!

So I’ve gone from being a Ryanair fan to being a FRightscare cynic…and only choose them if and when the cost suits me !!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls