Reply To: Qatar Airways winter 2016 schedule

Back to Forum

AleRomUY
Participant

Hi guys, back here around with the same topic: the inconsistency of QR in terms of aircraft scheduling BUT at the same time, positively I want to add and remark about good Customer Service from them regarding this and service on board.
Let me tell you: in a few weeks I will be flying JKT-PHL-JKT.
When I was looking for the options for the return because I need late departure from PHL (not the morning QR departure from there), I got a great option which even adds a second stop, but the 3 scheduled planes would be giving me 1-2-1 configuration which I love because of the single window seat: AA from PHL to MUC on 332 (former US plane), cnx to QR from MUC to DOH on 350 and then QR from DOH to JKT on 787. Awesome!
When I was booking my flights and selecting seats and go to the last leg, I found that the 787 that was even advertised on the website to operate DOHJKTDOH on QR958/959, has been changed back again to a 332!!!
I still booked the flights because of the convenient departure time from PHL and arrival time in JKT, but immediately sent a feedback to QR as a loyal QR Platinum member who always and only flies Business Class on them.
And I got surprised that so far I have got 2 or 3 emails from them apologizing for the change of plane and that they are working on the issue and so on! Quite impressive! Don’t know if anything will happen and if they will put the 787 back on the route as it was scheduled to start from next month. But their responses have been very nice so far!

Of course, I’m still excited to try the former US Airways 332 which they say it’s very good and of course the QR 350 out of MUC, and hopefully if it’s not the 787, it may be a reconfigured 332 to JKT.

On the other hand, I have to say that last month on my last flight on QR arriving back to JKT after connecting from an ultra long-haul flight, I surprisingly found to be on a refurbished 333 and OMG, the bed was completely flat, 180′ and I slept like a rock, just woke up when almost landing in JKT.
That leads me to a funny story about the lovely cabin crew in C class on QR. The lady serving on my side and the CSD (who happened to be a lovely Indonesian lady) were so worried for me that I had not eaten anything since they saw me sleeping so profoundly that they were offering me coffee and whatever before disembarking when we were already taxiing to the gate. They were extremely nice and caring and I do really appreciate that. Those are the things that make me be so loyal to QR even they change my aircrafts out of/into JKT!!!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls