Reply To: Qatar Airways A380Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Qatar Airways Qatar Airways A380 Reply To: Qatar Airways A380

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

My first transit experience at the new Doha Airport. It's an impressive airport although the lounge signage was a bit disappointing. The lounge itself was amazing in terms of space, design and comfort. I was there for breakfast and the food was good but not as wow as the lounge itself and on par with the other leaders in this field.

Boarding was a bit of a nightmare. As business and first occupy the whole upper deck you have a separate entrance to the boarding gate from economy but with only one person checking boarding passes the queue was getting longer especially when a problem occurred. I was standing 3-4 back in the queue for about 10-15 minutes.

Once onboard the service was superb. Jacket taken, introductions from key staff, drink etc. The only strange thing was the choice of English newspaper. I had not seen the Guardian as the business class read!

The seat (the same as the 787) was very spacious, private and comfortable with a storage place for the water bottle, adjustable arm rest, big (and solid) table. The IFE had an impressive selection but mine had teething problems (it was a new plane) throughout the flight with the volume changing itself and sometimes rewinding without warning.

The food is a dine when you want option. As an early morning flight breakfast was offered and made up most of the menu. I was not hungry so waited and had some Gnocchi later on during the flight. It was very tasty. At the rear of the plane was a good size bar with a few snacks as well.

Arrival was on time but was sad to find my priority tagged bag took a long time to appear but obviously this is largely outside the airlines control.

IN summary an impressive product and first class service.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user frustratedflyer can be found here