Reply To: Qatar Airways business class – wow!

Back to Forum

Danpat_50
Participant

By far the best business class in flight service to date is on the 787.
22 business class seats ,4 cabin crew.reasonable size galley for this number.
The 777 has the best galley space for working crew,and the aircraft with 2 business cabins there are 2 crew preparing your meals with 4 crew out in the cabins for 42 passengers max.
There is a problem on their 380 in business.With a posable load of 48 passengers,a small galley with one crew prepping the meals ,and 4 crew in the cabin.
If it is a day flight ,I would go to the lounge after take off ,and come back to my seat fryer an hour or more and dine then.
But on a night flight,where you just want to be served and sleep it would be advisable to choose a seat as far forward in the cabin as possible.
It can take a long time for service to reach the back of the cabin.
Also if you intend eating later ,choose your meal in advance ,they sometimes run out of choices.
The Airbus 600 is an aircraft I would never choose to fly ,again the cabin with a full passenger load is too much for the crew to deal with Effeciently.
Of course the style of service Qatar offers its business class passengers,good as it is ,does add to the length of the meal service.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls