Reply To: Qatar Airways business class – wow!

Back to Forum

norvagabond
Participant

I felt exactly the same after my flight from Oslo.

The CC onboard the 787 were a bit correct at the start of the journey but after a while we where chatting like old friends.

The cabin was almost empty 5/22. The cabin, the food,the seat and the AVOD was all up there.

I think this was one of my best flight ever. In comparison to BA First, I maybe felt a little more pampered and I do really like the service on BA but all in all they are pretty similar and if you consider the price then QR wins easily.

The new lounge in Doha was great. Of course one cannot expect Krug to be there so much longer, but anyway, the food and wines were among the best I have experienced in a lounge.

Then my flight to BKK was ready to board and this was another story. Full night flight with a bit of a chaotic start. The FA having our side was so chatty with the guys behind us that we did not get any greeting, champagne/juice/towels before 10mins had passed. Then when taking meal orders she was so behind that she had to stop halfway because of take off. So it took a while for our meal service to start which should not be the case on a short night flight. The whole meal service was chaotic, my brother next to me got his meal i didn’t. When another FA was putting down the food we had empty wine glasses and she just left. So all in all it felt like nobody was taking care of us. No one asked for breakfast even if almost the whole cabin was awake. I had to ask and it seemed like a hassle.

So I feel when QR is good they are really up there but have had some not so good also.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls