Reply To: Qatar Airways business class – wow!

Back to Forum

ExecPlatAA
Participant

DFW-DOH-BOM R/T on QR 777 (LR and ER) in business with family over the holidays. Superb!

I flew Cathay in First from LAX-HKG R/T just a few days earlier and felt that this experience was on par with CX First and in some areas even better – and that says a lot as CX is world class.

In my 15 years of top tier business travel, this business class experience stood out as the best. Right from the pre departure drinks service to the excellent restaurant style (and quality) meals, to the amenities on board (excellent Ferragamo and Armani kits, mattress pads, duvets, pyjamas, superb chamapgnes – Billecart and Tattinger Rose) to the crew and the world class new loungs at Hamad – this was an experience!

The Business/First lounge at Hamad is huge (not Emirates huge) but manageable. The shower amenities (L’Occitane) and the restaurants in the lounge are excellent (yes Krug is still being served in the business restaurant). The bus transfer (once) was in a bus with 8 lounge style sofa seats. I simply cannot imagine what they can do to improve/one-up this experience (come to think of it, how can they better this experience in Qatar First?).

Well done – I do complain and am disappointed when things don’t go right, especially in premium travel, and felt that I must share this experience when an airline gets it right. A good way to start the new year!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls