Reply To: Qatar Airways A380Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Qatar Airways Qatar Airways A380 Reply To: Qatar Airways A380

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

The LHR check-in is very busy for economy passengers and it appears at first sight that it is just as bad for business class but luckily I asked and was directed to what looks like first class but business is hidden behind the economy crowd.

Terminal 4’s Fast Track is one of the best I have experienced!

The lounge is very nice but, as I feared, the increasing frequency and size of QR’s flights is taking its toll on seating.

I boarded on time but then we sat and nothing happened. About the expected time of push-back we were told that loading baggage might take a further 25 minutes. In fact we pushed back about 2 hours later with no further explanation given.

The aircraft is beautiful and the service and wines excellent but, as often observed by others, the food is mediocre, especially how they disguise the removal of a second meal as “eat any time”. I had a drink or two in the bar which was very stylish but not very well supported by passengers.

On arrival it was confirmed that I had missed my connection but luckily, not to mention curiously, there is another flight to Bangkok half an hour later which had been held back for us. I just about did the four minute mile round Hamad but after all my exertions it was clear no-one else made the effort so we sat on the ground for another half an hour before we left. By this time it was time to sleep which was very comfortable.

I was slightly nervous that my bag might have gone astray but it turned up if a bit slowly.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 58521 can be found here