Reply To: Expectant mothers beware of Qatar AirwaysCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Qatar Airways Expectant mothers beware of Qatar Airways Reply To: Expectant mothers beware of Qatar Airways

LuganoPirate
Participant

Just to echo Robsmith, my wife also flew JNB-Milan via Doha with Qatar for the first time last month. She was blown away by the experience and has now refused to allow me to book LX/LH, our usual carriers of choice, when we come down in August.

She was in Business and said it was her best flight ever. She sympathizes with Mrs. OSS (and this is her speaking, not me) but does not see why being pregnant makes you deserving of any special treatment (unless there are complications of course).

As she points out, you don’t need to be the first to board, you can also sit it out, wait for the queue to go then board without waiting. If there is a bus involved, she would hope a gentleman would in any case give up his seat to a pregnant lady.

She also finds it incredulous that she would undertake such a long flight without either a break of a day or two in Doha, or else at the very least a Business seat. Had she been in business she would have been very well taken care of.

We must not forget that sometimes, when thirsty, a few minutes wait can seem an eternity, but on the other hand the crew often have 200+ passengers to take care of, so it can be a little while before they can get to you.

I’m sorry OSS1947 if this forum is not quite giving you the sympathy you hoped for but I hope it won’t put you off and you will continue to contribute. I’m sure we will all be interested in the outcome.

In any case, I (and Mrs. LP) wish your wife all the best during the rest of her term, a safe and easy delivery and a fit and healthy baby at the end of it all. Do please update us on your baby’s birth.