Reply To: Malaysia Airlines B737-800 Economy

Back to Forum

TominScotland
Participant

I was staying at the airport hotel at KLIA and woke early, cursing a crazy itinerary that had evolved piecemeal rather than being the result of planning and forethought!! So headed for th fourth flight in my somewhat rounfabout routing to Phnom Penh. Took the hotel buggy to departures and checked in in the elite area without any hassle.

Made my way through Immigration to the departures area and, after some searching, found the MH Regional Lounge in the main terminal. Not the full monty of the First Lounge, this is an attractive space with excellent catering and free wifi so I opted for my breakfast here rather than in the hotel. A good choice.

The gate was not far away but when i got there, apparent chaos reigned. Gates H4 and H6 share common gate security and, with flights departing from both, folk were shuffled back and forth between the two x-ray machines and this made the wait very long. I got through eventually and went downstairs to the boarding area where premium passengers were soon called forward.

I boarded and took my emergency exit seat by the window in 14A – excellent leg room and altogether more spacious seating than equivalent BA 737 seats I had been on recently. Certainly, the difference seems to be that the window seat has now left-side arm rest and this made a big difference. Somewhat chaotic boarding but good news in that the middle seat in 14, next to me, was one of the few free seats on the aircraft.

We pushed back exactly on time but had to queue a while for take-off. Once airborne, a meal and drinks service commenced – I declined all but OJ and coffee but noted the normal rice or noodles options were on offer – certainly more lunch than breakfast to a European!! Service was pleasent if not particularly slick.

We landed a couple of minutes late and taxied to the gate. Immigration was very quick and my luggage was one of the first out, respecting the ‘Priority’ tag it carried.

A very satisfactory flight, made very comfortable by the emergency row seating.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls