Reply To: KLM A330-200 EconomyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines KLM KLM A330-200 Economy Reply To: KLM A330-200 Economy

Richard_K
Participant

From Abu Dhabi to Amsterdam on a night flight, departing 00h55. Arrived from Qatar with 10 minutes to get from gate to gate. As I arrived the boarding was just done. Anyhow this flight begins in (I believe) Muscat so there is a crowd on board as you enter the plane. My seat was 23H.

As I occupied my seat 23G was moved to a more spacious seat, only to be moved right back when the cabin attendant found out that “the flight is fully occupied after all.” Proper apologies were made, but this should’t happen in the first place. Strangely, after 23G secluded himself from the environment with headphones and blindfold, 23D was moved to a (apparently) more spacious seat.

KLMs A330-200s are a bit dated, but generally neat and clean. The same seats that were okay for sitting on the day flight to Qatar (KL0441) are miserable for sleeping. I never sleep well on flights, but these seats are too firm and don’t provide the sideways support that a resting head needs. After a midnight sandwich the lights were dimmed and I dozed a bit listening to the on-board radio on low volume. Most regrettably the captain and purser felt a strong need to inform all the sleeping passengers with multiple announcements. And like on the outward KL0441 flight, I yanked the plugs out of my ears every time since the announcements are AT TOP VOLUME.
The food on this flight was reasonable. The midnight sandwich was fine, but the morning breakfast didn’t do it for me. Lukewarm pancakes with coagulated vanilla sauce, fruit and yoghurt. Service by the (male) cabin attendant was as it should be: professional and courteous.

Arrival was about 10 minutes ahead of schedule at gate G8. Unboarding was well organised in part as cabin crew blocked passengers to the rear from interfering with passengers further in front getting up.

All in all a solid performance by KLMs crew. I do have to reconsider flying on night flights, though.