Reply To: KLM B777-300ER World Business ClassCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines KLM KLM B777-300ER World Business Class Reply To: KLM B777-300ER World Business Class

MarcusUK
Participant

I say it as i find it, and as discussed with my fellow passenger. He is Dutch and has flown with KLM long haul only 4 times.
It is quite rare that i offer such comments, but they are well founded.
I do not think Schiphol is questionable in terms of it voted favourite airport for years and years in Europe, but exploring it on the different levels may surprise many.

We compared recent long haul flights to that we did of MH on the A380, SQ on the A380, AF on a 773, and VS on the A346.

Each has its positives, but in terms of willingness to change, take ideas from the basic level of staff and run with them and develop them, KLM is outstanding. It is a very well run Company and profitable, (shame it is counted in with money losing AF these days)!

Consistency is great, and if anything goes wrong, you get a call within 48 hrs, and a gesture, of miles, or MCO value. I see stories related on here, and there is simply never an argument with KLM for Customer service. They are impeccable…but must be within the (stubbornly applied!) Dutch rules

Vertrek… it will be great if you could post your impressions of the new WBC?
I always think a mock up cannot reflect what is it like to be within in reality, and how the crews work with it? It is a shame KLM have not promoted ir more?
The lounge does need some different hot food, it is quite predictable!. I use that lounge for flights to London as we are not in Schengen! But after sitting then on Cityjet to LCY i value KLM and decent food.

Edski…I agree, just a little frustrating the roll out is not on various aircraft.
I notice many Asian flights are switched to 7772/3’s these days.
Have a terrific flight…

I know Dutch cuisine is not some of the best renowned, but there are some amazing fusions of food in Holland that maybe considered typically Dutch. Much Malaysian Indonesian, Suriname foods are “Dutchified”, as we “Anglo” things So the Dutch wine would have been one of a choice, perhaps to celebrate a year of special events in Holland.
The food and wine is reflected in a changed Monthly theme refelecting a certain country, a nice move.

And as a Director of Services in Mental Health /Psychiatry, I don’t smoke…seen too much of the real effects. But on some Airlines the odd delusion of “real enthusiasm” from crew, decent food, or being related to as an individual, it maybe useful!
Happy to say, you will never need that with KLM, but this is also a very Dutch quality, natural, honest communication, blunt, well humoured, as in everyday life.