Reply To: KLM B777-200ER Economy Comfort

Back to Forum

sparkyflyer
Participant

Thanks for your Review westernranger. What I have spotted in recent years, is when you make bookings with sites like opodo, expedia and even the airlines home sites, is that if you choose options which require connections, that these connection times, if you do not look closely, can be rediculously short, or long!

This is particularly the case when there are really good “deals”, whereas if you wanted a less tight, or not many , many hours at the connection point, lets say a sensible 2 hours to allow the first and incoming flight.

Often the lead in price to lets say Delhi via Amsterdam, or Nairobi via Zurich, or Rio via Lisbon or Paris, is very attractive indeed, but with a 40-50 minute connection.

I reckon airlines sell these in the knowledge that baggage might not transfer from plane to plane as radidly as the owner, and price to attract people with the risk very much in mind. I thnk it is this rather than prioritising for air freight, but you will know how tight your conenction was.

I remember a year or so ago a friend of mine flew Belo Horizonte to LHR via Porto, with a 40/50 minute connection! I Of course the luggage did not come through.

Anyway I hope you have more luck on future KLM flights and as the say the product is very appealing, and the crew usually a very decent, pleasant and efficient bunch.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls