Reply To: KLM – NO BAGS GUARANTEECreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines KLM KLM – NO BAGS GUARANTEE Reply To: KLM – NO BAGS GUARANTEE

Bill_Penang
Participant

I recently used KLM for a trip to the UK – Malaysia Airlines from Penang to KL and then KLM from KL to the UK via Amsterdam. My bag was checked through from Penang to the UK without any problem. On the way back however it could only be checked through as far as KL – no proper explanation has been provided despite two emails.

After more than 5 hours between flights in Amsterdam, I arrived at KL but my luggage didn’t. By the time I had made a report, I was too late for my connecting flight to Penang. This was just before Chinese New Year and there were no seats available on later flights that day or the next so I ended up having to take a 6 hour taxi ride home.
The bag had been left behind in Amsterdam “due to a misconnection” according to KLM. They refuse any responsibility and refer me to the General Conditions of Carriage – the Carrier may decided for operating or security/safety reasons to send baggage separately. There was no decision to send my baggage separately. Somebody simply forgot about it.

KLM has delayed my baggage twice before on long haul flights via Amsterdam. I wouldn’t recommend the airline to anyone.