Reply To: Jet Airways Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum

SM55226
Participant

My wife and our 4 month old baby came yesterday from the US (Newark) to India (Mumbai) on United Airlines – your partner airline.

And, your staff did not allow my wife to carry her baggage for her domestic flight from Mumbai to Indore 9W381 saying that it is overweight. She had 2 pieces of luggage with her that were allowed by United – 23 kg each, 1 per traveler. In fact, they claimed that the allowed baggage limit is only 15 kgs. When I re-checked the e-ticket, it clearly says that the baggage allowance is 20 kg per traveller. For the extra 3kg/bag my wife was asked to pay Rs. 7000 for the bags. This is absolutely outrageous.

The price of her ticket was around Rs. 5000. We could not find a nominal priced ticket to Indore as one complete ticket from the US. Not that its easy to find such tickets from the US.

Do you want people who travel domestically after an international flight to India to shed 3 kilos once they have arrived in India to avoid your baggage fees? Ultimately, she did not pay Jet a dime and gave both her bags to her uncle who had come to see her off. Her baggage will now arrive separately when her uncle comes to Indore by train.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls