Reply To: Iberia A340-600 Business Plus

Back to Forum

IanFromHKG
Participant

Hermes1964, I checked the oneworld site and it shows Iberia uses two lounges – an “Executive Club Lounge” and an “SEA” lounge. I am not sure which you used but given that the former is badged for IB and BA, and of course BA’s frequent flyer programme is called the Executive Club, I am guessing that the ECL is a BA lounge and that you went to the SEA lounge, which sounds a bit sub-par. Why they gave you that lounge and not the other I am not sure – perhaps the other lounge is reserved for top-tier frequent fliers (I am only guessing)

However, if you are flying a premium cabin on a oneworld airline (such as IB), you can use any lounge for the equivalent class offered by a oneworld airline at that airport – so you could have used the ECL (assuming it is a business class lounge rather than first class) or, indeed, AA’s Admirals Club or LAN’s TAM lounge.

oneworld don’t do a very good job of publicising this, but the ability to use any oneworld airline lounge of the equivalent class is definitely there, and equally definitely worth bearing in mind!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls