Reply To: Etihad AUH lounge Chaos

Back to Forum

AussieM
Participant

The problems appear to continue at Abu Dhabi with Etihad’s C & FFP Customers being piled into anywhere & everywhere that could count as a lounge!

I came through in January, & whilst the 1st class lounge is re-vamped, everyone else is piled outside in a 40 seat area inside the Transit hotel! NOT good if you are actually paid at the hotel, as there is no space left at all.

150 people being there in Jan & the same, Plus spill over int the other airlnes lounge, that was also full yesterday as i came through to fly to Sydney, with another space opened with no food, Broken computers, its really a disorganised mess!
I realise that improvements must be made & AUH is space pressed, However this is badly managed, ill thought out, & seems to be very prolonged in “Temporary arrangements”!

For a refreshing airline, Etihads Ground services lack much, & this really just reflects a great weakness. Its a very poor impression for the start of a journey, & actually is seriously imposing upon other customers of other lounges, & other carriers.
AUH should be avoided if at this time…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls