Reply To: Shocking way Emirates treats its Platinum membersCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Emirates Shocking way Emirates treats its Platinum members Reply To: Shocking way Emirates treats its Platinum members

rferguson
Participant

In that case EkPlat73 I completely agree – EK has not offered you what you paid for. This was not due to circumstances outside their control. They did not give you ample warning (as you yourself realised the issue far in advance). And they were not able to offer you a reasonable alternative (ie a flight with F on the same day).

I’m actually amazed they didn’t offer the difference in fare from the outset in addition to miles for the inconvenience and disappointment.

What happens when you call them and ask to speak to a supervisor? I’d imagine they have a dedicated Platinum line? I would call and from the outset – without going into details of the issue – ask to speak to a supervisor. If the Agent then says ‘can you tell me a bit about the issue’ i’d say ‘no thanks – i’d like to speak to a supervisor’. If they say they will call you back again decline ‘no thanks, I will wait’.

Co-incidentally reading the ‘letters’ section in the current issue of BT there is one there from a F class EY flier who had a malfunctioning seat AUH-LHR. It seems EY took the EK approach – initially offering 20K miles and on refusal doubling it to 40K miles. The writer still declined this offer as it costs 55K miles for a one way AUH-LHR flight in apartments. EY in their reply says that the passenger accepted their compensation – which I am assuming was more than the last declined offer of 40K.

So…persevere! And remember the grass isn’t always greener 😉

I wish you luck!