Reply To: Emirates Very Bad !

Back to Forum

OzTraveller
Participant

I wouldn’t know if there was any racism intended, but he sure has a point. I’ve also had a flight of returning pilgrims and they sure know how to take over a flight and make it bedlam for everyone else. And thats a fact, not a racist remark.

I do also agree about Emirates in general. I have only travelled with them once in Business from Singapore to Brisbane on the oldest 777 still flying. Miserable pitch, entertainment units under the seat in front of you (and every seat in Business, not just mine), making it impossible to get comfortable at all. Service was perfunctionary, food basic, not a pleasant experience at all.

Emirates lost the plot some years ago when they decided to fly to every city on the map to get into the big league. Size is not everything, but fancy telling Dubai that. Superlatives are all the local developers there seem to know. The biggest this, the tallest that .. like children with too much money and time on their hands .

If youre travelling in the Middle East, I recommend Qatar and Oman airways. Smaller, better and more genuine.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls