Reply To: Cathay Pacific lounge Beijing (PEK)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Cathay Pacific Cathay Pacific lounge Beijing (PEK) Reply To: Cathay Pacific lounge Beijing (PEK)

stevescoots
Participant

I see BA does not have an exclusivity on crap lounges in far flung places.

Sat in the CX lounge in PEK, this has to rank as the worst lounge of CX I have used. Flying BA and they use the local lounge, name escapes me. Anyway it’s rubbish as I have used it before, so decided to use the CX one. Wish I had stayed downstairs in Costa now.

No coffee as the machine just sprays it everywhere looks like it hasn’t been maintained properly either. Food consists of 2 types of Chinese water soup, and what could best be described as 2 day old croissants as hard as a rock. Any one tried spreading butter or jam on one with a chopstick? That’s right no knives or forks, just big spoons and chopsticks. But with no food I guess that’s all they need, they can be used for the pot noodles on the shelf.

Alcoholic drinks consist of a bottle of JD, a red wine, a white wine, and baileys with an optic of martini. Add to that Carlsberg and Tsing Tao in cans.

Internet connection…nope, they just use the airport free one which as anyone who has used PEK is dial up speed assuming you can work out how to log in and then for the 10 seconds or so before it drops out, data roaming it is then.

No working flight boards either. It’s grubby and tatty, my advice stay down stairs and use the cafes. Poor showing CX, who I consistently rate high for lounges

(Written sat in the lounge, posted later due to aforementioned connection)