Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointed

Back to Forum

esselle
Participant

I have just come off the two inbound sectors that brought me home. MEL-HKG on a 333 and HKG-MAN on a 773.

So four sectors in J over 10 days or so, my first longhauls with CX for some years. My impressions are very favourable indeed, the inbound echoing precisely the reflections of the outbound; clean, welcoming, attentive and efficient, with good wines and choices in the menus. I found the seat comfortable in all positions, and managed to sleep every bit as well as I do on BA F.

The IFE is a bit dull as far as choice goes, but the reproduction and sound are fine. I like the Wing lounge in HKG; the F/J lounge in MEL could do with a bit of a spruce up, but the shared lounge used by CX in MAN is the epitome of mediocrity, the only really significant negative on this trip.

I regularly used the CX service from MAN to HKG in the 90’s/00’s. and it was a pity it closed, so whilst not a regular to HKG any more, it is a bonus having it there, as via LHR/DOH etc is never as attractive as a direct, especially on the way home. I hope it gets full enough to sustain the route; outbound from MAN was chokka in J but not so busy on the way back.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls