Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointedCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Cathay Pacific Cathay Business – disappointed Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointed

ExecPlatAA
Participant

All right folks, I have been reading these posts and as I am the original poster, I would like to clarify some points:
1. This was not my first CX flight – far from it. I have been OW Emerald for the past 14 years, and as such use AA, CX and BA primarily and lately QR. I have flown CX many, many times in all classes (and in at least 4 of their past business configs both long regional and trans pacific, economy and a couple different First configs). I would not use them for paid flights if I thought they were sub- par – quite the opposite. I think they are awesome, but one this occasion they were not and in my personal opinion (isn’t that what we all do on this site – give personal opinions?) their new business class hard product is not up to my liking. Yes, QR and AA have similar (not same) seats, but AA have made the cabin on the 777-ER more inviting and spacious (cant imagine why, as no one would accuse AA of leadership in luxury!), and QR are a class part in these and even their 777-LR seats. That’s all folks – this is my personal opinion.
2. As far as the service lapses, yes, no big deal and they are indeed first world problems – well, flying business and First class is indeed just that – a first world indulgence. Even for those like me who log over 150K miles/year, we can indeed fly coach, but either choose to pay the extra $, have companies that allow us due to various reasons, or simply use our status for the upgrades.
3. If I am a paying passenger, not using free tickets etc, I do have a higher standard and it is indeed the job of the airline to go that extra mile in premium cabins. CSD, should (and do on most occasions – I was on CX this morning from HKG-PVG and a very polite CSD chatted with all of us) recognize premium passengers and say hello. Also, reducing galley noise and not banging closet doors for a 14 hr flight, is common courtesy (surely even on BA?!) and I am entitled to my disappointment. As far as the response and compensation issue, I could care less for the $ – a response is better than a no response for sure, but a well thought out response is the better option and I for one expect that. And as far as consistency goes, a business can also be consistently average or below market standards and paying customers can comment and vote with their wallets accordingly. US carriers are consistent in their average offerings, should that give them a pass? We should never expect more after all they are consistent in their average offerings? Nope, does not cut mustard – at least with me.
4. Final thoughts – I will not likely fly CX business on a paid ticket, if I have a choice of using QR. Ditto for AA in 777-ER. Between BA and CX – come on, of course CX.
5. Fun (and active topic) for sure!