Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointedCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Cathay Pacific Cathay Business – disappointed Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointed

cityprofessional
Participant

Exactly what rferguson said

I’ve flown 6 long haul sectors in last 6 months on CX. Always a CSD welcome as a OWE, fairly consistent service (never poor, sometimes underwhelming, more consistent than BA), and the seat is my personal favourite – as good as BA old F

The food is mediocre, but it’s no worse than airline standard. The Chilean promo is not on all routes (if the wine wasn’t loaded, then they shouldn’t have offered the menu insert – was that the case?). Otherwise 2 reds and 2 whites is standard on most airlines, and so what if the champagne comes from one bottle?

Second meal mid flight is signalled in the menu and only happens when departure is pre-lunchtime. Then lunch and dinner are served in departure time zone, because CX had complaints that passengers were hungry at dinner time, and did not want to wait till landing to be fed. It doesn’t suit everyone, but it is signalled in the menu, and if you want your meal later, you just ask them to keep you something

So, other than a lazy CSD (which deserves an apology, rather than a voucher IMHO), I’m not sure what else was wrong

PS I think you can tell from the seat map where the boarding door is, so I suggest you pre-book a seat in the front cabin, or board last, if you dislike other passengers passing you when they board the plane (?!). Personally I prefer the more intimate mini-cabin, but I don’t mind Y pax passing me when they board… YMMV