Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointedCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Cathay Pacific Cathay Business – disappointed Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointed

rferguson
Participant

I think the response from Cathay is appropriate.

It sounds like the service standards for that flight was followed – besides the CSD introduction.

IMHO the CX seat is up there in the top league.

Catering is average.

Service is average.

They do have a bizzare system on some sectors of offering the second meal half way through the flight but again, this is the way they do things.

I thing a more generous compensation offering would be appropriate if Cathay did not deliver in some respect – your seat failed, your flight was delayed, your IFE didn’t work, you didn’t receive a meal etc etc. I think to say that one just doesn’t like the product and finds it mediocre doesn’t really justify a large amount of compensation. In honesty, i’m impressed they have $100 instead of a general ‘sorry we always strive to blah blah blah and apologise this time your expectations fell short’.

I have to say it is strange that the CSD did no introduction. One thing that I can say is consistent with CX flights I have been on is that I have ALWAYS had a greeting usually from the IFSM sometimes from the second in charge. But none the less I have always been welcomed. BA I reckon this has happened 20% of the time. AA, once.