Reply To: Cathay Business – disappointed

Back to Forum

ExecPlatAA
Participant

I have received a prompt email response from CX, and here it is in its entirety:
Thank you for your email. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it gives us an opportunity to improve our services.

Having read the details of your complaint, we are sorry to learn you have been so disappointed with our ground and inflight service when you travelled to Hong Kong recently. I sincerely apologise for not delivering our normal high standard of Business class service you have come to expect from us.

We always strive to provide our passengers with the very best in-flight experience to make their journey pleasant and enjoyable. However, I regret to note that things on this flight didn’t go very smoothly and failed to meet your expectations.

We are working hard to get every aspects of our service right for everyone of our customers, so it is genuinely helpful to have your views pinpointing where we need to focus our efforts. Your comments on various aspects of our service have been duly noted for the attention of the relevant departments for their attention and review, in view to understand what we could have done more to prevent it.

In view of your overall experience, we would like offer service vouchers to the value of USD100. Please confirm Cathay Pacific ticket number, and your complete postal address for us to send the vouchers via registered post.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yes, you read it right – they want to send me $100 ! Needless to add this was a >$5K business class ticket from SF-HKG-PVG and back. I am speechless. I would have rather they not done this – how about – we are just sorry and have reviewed your records and your past flying history with us and AA (I’ve been One World Emerald since the program inception) and will just do better next time (they do say that in the email, but seems like a cut and paste). Anyway, I am not at all happy with this but this is as far as it goes for me with CX and this flight.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls