Reply To: Cathay Pacific B777-300ER Economy

Back to Forum

DJA1stClass4sure
Participant

I fly Cathay Pacific from JFK to HKG to BKK, I am surprised that your letter to Consumer Relations fell on deaf ears, I had a problem last year when I was supposed to travel with my seeing eye dog, Cathay Pacific was well aware of this for 2 months prior to me traveling, but 3 days prior to me traveling to from MIA to SFO, I was flying out of the SFO CX gateway I got a phone call telling me that I needed a special permit to transit with the dog in Hong Kong. Of course there was no way to get the permit in 3 days so I had to travel without the aid of my seeing eye dog.

When I wrote Cathay Pacific consumer relations they told me they were very sorry and enclosed a one way complimentary upgrade from either economy to business or business to first on one segment any where that they fly. I used it to upgrade from LAX to HKG on my next flight from Business to First Class without a problem. I am also a Marco Polo Club member and I never got that promotion either. But I prefer to accumulate my miles on American Airlines Advantage because you need less miles for a free business class or first class or economy class ticket and you can also claim an award one way. But according to Cathay Pacific and American Airlines there are no Upgrades using miles from economy to business or business to first.

So I am confused which program are you accumulating miles on ? Cathay or American ? By the way Cathay just came out with a brand new business class on the 77A Long Haul Route. Plus all sorts of other improvements, I am sure if you write to Consumer Relations and tell them what you would like to compensate you, they will give it to you. They want you to remain a customer. I travel from the USA to Bangkok on a regular basis on Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and also American to LHR and BA to Bangkok, and Singapore was far the best, but with a price tag to match.

I love flying Cathay Pacific airways, I still have not been able to travel with my seeing eye dog on board the plane, and this happened last year. Though I had no problem getting approval to fly with the dog aboard the plane on Singapore Airlines from LAX to SIN to BKK. Cathay does need some improvement on their Customer Service, but all in all. they are a great airline for the price. Fuel costs have gone up. so prices have gone up also. Good Luck WW 71796

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls