Reply To: Cathay Pacific unveils new business class seat

Back to Forum

oldchinahand
Participant

I was fortunate today to be able to preview the new business class seat that will installed progressively from March 2011

It is in my view Cathay have done a spectacularly good job and this seat more than addresses all of the myriad of failings of the ‘coffin’

This seat at first pass looks to be the biggest advance in business class since the BA seat was introduced 7 (?) years ago and will set the standard for a few years

Wide and off -set (perhaps 40 degrees towards window) and forward facing for middle seats. The cabin is 1-2-1 in 777 aircraft.

Fully lie-flat bed- heaps of personal space and good storage. Clever design so that there is room to use both computer and food tray.

In the lie flat position the seat widens with a fold up flap that allows sleeping on ones side

The middle seats move forward (as in a car seat) to allow passengers travelling together to see one another and easily communicate. otherwise there is a permanent divider in place

Finally simple seat controls that echo the Mercedes Benz controls….very easy to use.
Large TV and the latest in in-seat power with i-Pod etc being able to feed through to the noise cancelling headphones

A very good product that others will struggle to match for some years

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls