Reply To: BA First A380 to MiamiCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA First A380 to Miami Reply To: BA First A380 to Miami

wastedlife
Participant

I like BA F class as well, but frankly don’t see a huge difference between that and new AA J class.

The reason there’s frequent BA bashing is the current board has a maniacal obsession with cutting costs and doesn’t seem to appreciate the service quality implications – or that they are blindingly obvious to people who are frequent users.

I’ll give you an example – went to Oslo in the back of the bus last month, and on both legs the Mixed Fleet CSM came to talk to each GC Holder, even down the back and, actually spent quite a lot of time having an interest chat. A week later and I go to LAX in J to try the A380 with a friend of mine who has never flown business before. His view – “nothing special” – which then reminded me that I’d not met the Worldwide fleet (supposedly “better” than Mixed) CSD at all, and overall had to agree with that assessment.

I read the transcripts of analyst calls and the investor presentation and wonder whether the analysts have actually used BA. If I were a shareholder I’d be desperately worried about brand erosion, and yet Walsh et al repeatedly try to convince the analysts that the densified short haul seating has been well received and that the brand perception is actually rising.

I’m in my tenth year of having a Gold Card, which is already renewed to end August 2017 and where possible I’m using other OW airlines. Even where it means a connection in the USA. Read into that what you want.