Reply To: Sick of bargain flights for ALL but UK!Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Sick of bargain flights for ALL but UK! Reply To: Sick of bargain flights for ALL but UK!

flyingtonight
Participant

Apologies as my post is slightly off topic. I usually always fly from LHR or LGW direct and have never considered using a carrier such as BA from DUB or BRU etc via LHR or LGW. I have recently spent a lot of time researching fares with BA from European airports in business and WTP and am surprised at how much cheaper it can be to do this. I am fairly new to the forum but have been reading the posts for years and would be grateful for any advice from members who have made such a trip. If I was travelling DUB-LHR-MIA-LHR-DUB with BA for example, as I understand it I would need to make two separate reservations, one trip LHR-DUB-LHR and the other as mentioned above. For those of you who have done this and who don’t want to stay overnight in DUB on the first leg of the outbound trip, would you simply take a very early flight and then start the journey from DUB on the same day checking in all of your luggage via DUB, claim it and then start the process again at DUB after you arrive? Also, I have read posts where members do not take the final leg of the trip (back to DUB from LHR eg). I realise travellers are not supposed to do this. I assume they would ask check-in staff to only check baggage to LHR in this instance. I have tried to search the forum for info but haven’t found anything to help me. It does seem a very long winded way of getting a cheaper fare, (a bit like my post), but as I understand it the savings can be significant. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help who has perhaps done this previously.