Reply To: British Airways A319Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways A319 Reply To: British Airways A319

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

Booked a no frills ticket (no baggage) – for the first time. LHR T5 was heaving with people and there were queues everywhere. Self service machine would not print boarding card and BA ground staff suggested walking the length of the terminal to the Club checkin desks as it would be quicker. Was checked in by one of the most cheerful and efficient BA ground staff I have ever met!
Fast track security proved to be just that and I was airside very quickly. Had a so/so breakfast at Gordon Ramseys ( I fancied a full english) and then went to the north galleries lounge. Usual scrum but managed to find a chair. The restrooms were not clean!
Boarding was from Gate 2 so at least I chose the right end! Boarding was very efficient with business/gold cardholders first then silver, bronze and then by row from the rear. I was assigned 20a which is the furtherest back I have sat for many years – I usually try to get near the front. The aircraft was fitted with the 'new' BA seats which I find very cramped and uncomfortable. There was a slight hiatus when an American passenger noticed the condensation mist (white smoke) coming out of the overhead vents and yelled out that the plane was on fire! He was calmed by a crew member.
We pushed back on time and the queue for take off was short so within 10 minutes we were airborne.
As it was a short flight, there was virtually no service – a cup of lukewarm coffee was offered by the very precise but formal crew. No eye contact at all.
We landed on time in Dublin and disembarkation was by stairs from the front and the rear doors.
A competent flight – that met my expectations – but certainly didn't exceed them. I wish the crew would smile a bit more!!!!!

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Mickb can be found here