Reply To: British Airways A320

Back to Forum

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

Arrived at Barcelona airport at around 10.15 for scheduled 11.45 departure.

Had checked in online a few hours previously, and was happily surprised to find an exit row seat still available (11C).

Hand luggage only so headed straight for security, which was busy. Left my plastic bags of mini liquids inside my hand luggage by mistake, but nothing was said as it went through the X-ray machine.

Once through security I went for a quick look around the Duty Free shops (once you go through passport control for the gates in area D, you can no longer access the majority of the shops), then headed to gate 16.

The sign above the gate said boarding would commence at 11.05 – this then changed to 11.24, and we eventually started to board at 11.45 (the scheduled departure time).

While boarding an announcement said that "Those with bags with yellow labels please remove them from the overhead lockers and place them under the seat in front of you, as otherwise here will not be enough space". I ignored this, as I knew bags were not allowed under seats in the exit rows for safety.

We eventually took off just after 12.15. The drinks trolley came round soon after the seat belt sign had gone off, and we were also offered a lunch pack from "Peak Bakery", consisting of a ham and cheese roll, and an iced lemon bun – simple but both tasted fresh.

It's the first time I've flown in a BA aircraft with the refreshed short-haul seating – it looks smart in dark (faux?) leather, and the additional (I think) space for magazines and books at the top of the seat back is useful – I also saw people hanging their tablets from this to watch during the flight.

My row was two back from the Club Europe divider, and food / drink was served first from this end. I'd recommend this row or the one behind for extra exit row legroom, if you can get it.

Flight was uneventful, on arrival we were held in a short holding pattern above Ockley (so said the pilot) for about 10 minutes, and landed at 1.15pm.

Tried to use the e-passport gates at immigration, but it failed to recognise me so then had to have my passport checked by a human anyway – even with this I was landside within 15 minutes of landing.

Overall a pleasant flight, seat was fine for this short route (under 2 hours), and extra legroom was welcome.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Flyinglow can be found here

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls