Reply To: British Airways A319Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways A319 Reply To: British Airways A319

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

When going through the online check-in process was offered to upgrade to Club Europe for £144 each. No chance I was paying that for a 50 minute flight.

Arrived at the airport a couple of hours before departure and as s BAEC Gold card holder accessed the BA lounge. This had a decent choice of drink but the food was limited to salad items, crisps and fruit. There was a good view of the apron with the B gates opposite.

On boarding we were upgraded to Club Europe (btw mentioned I am Gold but my travelling companion is Bronze). Nice, but shame it wasn't a longer flight to enjoy the perks. The cabin was the refurbished version with brown leather and minimal leg room across the whole cabin. As I am a short 5" 5 this is no problem for me, but wouldn't be happy if I was 5"10+. The food consisted of a king prawn salad and a fruit cheese cake, which was ample for such a short flight. I had a small bottle of Heidsieck Monopole champagne, not the best brand, but I wasn't complaining. The FA kindly offered me a second bottle, but I declined – would have been drinking for the sake of it.

We arrived on time and was off the plane and at the pod car park within 30 minutes of landing. Overall a good pleasant short flight. I only paid £80 return for HBO so the upgrade was a welcome surprise.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Slotski can be found here