Reply To: BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+ Reply To: BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+

rferguson
Participant

@ James72 – in fairness they are low cost cabin crew. It’s not unlike the kind of terms BA itself use for Mixed Fleet. I think it would be offensive if they were described as ‘low quality cabin crew’ or inferior to the other fleets in some way. As Speedbird189 says there are good and bad in each of the ‘fleets’.

It’s a shame. I’ve said this time after time on various threads. ‘Legacy’ and ‘Mixed’ fleets both have their pros and cons. The ‘legacy’ fleets are more experienced, mature, calm, able to resolve issues. Mixed Fleet are more youthful, enthusiastic, dynamic, eager. The great irony is that what ‘legacy’ fleet lacks (a new youthful eager approach) is what MF has. And what MF lacks (experience, maturity) is what the legacy fleets have. So – how good would a combined MF/WW crew be? Pretty darn good IMHO.

CX took this approach – mixing in their new contract crew with their legacy crew. As a CX fan I think the results have been astounding. I love on their flights how you have quite a few younger crew that are buzzing about, full of smiles and enthusiasm….yet they sometimes get to a point where they get visibly flustered. Cue one of the older, rounder ladies appears – full of experience, graceful, charming, seen it all before….instantly calming the atmosphere.