Reply To: BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+ Reply To: BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+

MrMichael
Participant

An interesting conundrum for IAG, how to satisfy its customers when talking to its investors? Ultimately they cannot, and do not seem to have tried, and good for them. For IAG to increase profits (the only reason it exists) is to cut costs and or increase revenue. Cutting costs is relatively easy in some cases, harder than others. I have read a lot on here on the so called BA cuts to service and facilities, the easy cuts.

I fly BA/IB regularly, and have seen myself some of these cuts. The loss of cheese and crackers on most inbounds for example. Might only be a 30p, saving, but times that by X million inbound inflight meals and there we see a saving of millions. So while I am sad at the loss of my little bit of rubbery cheddar as a passenger, as a shareholder I enjoy the benefits the saving has bought the company, and that has resulted in my getting a dividend, and thus able to buy more cheese, mature cheddar from Fortnums no less.

So while I understand people beng disapointed at the loss of some benefits of flying with BA, ultimately remember it is a business and ultimately it has to answer to its shareholders…..not its customers.