Reply To: British Airways B767-300 (European config.) Club Europe

Back to Forum

connorJohnson
Participant

I recently took a family holiday to Larnaca with my mum and dad.

Our flight from London Heathrow terminal 5 departed at 22:30, so we arrived at around 8:30.

We checked in at the first class lounge due to my dad being a gold/emerald exec club member.

Check in was very smooth along with security, and we through in minutes. Heathrow Terminal 5 was very quiet, which made it feel relaxing and a spacious terminal. Me and my dad headed to the Lounge which was pick and very spacious with a selection of a buffet or a menu. I chose the buffet and I had beef rib, with rice and a salad. I must say it was fantastic!

We were soon called for boarding and made our way to the gate via transit. (if you have to take the transit make sure you leave sharpish) Once at the gate we made our way on to the plane with boarding very quick and attentive. Some people might say that a 767-300 is a big plane and for a 5 hour flight, they would change the seat in club Europe to a cradled seat. this was not the case.

Take off and taxi was quick and while taking I saw the new BA Dream liner :D. once take off, i’m thinking the lights would go off and i could go to sleep, due to the overnight flight. About a hour into the flight , they started to serve the food which was Prawn Thai curry which was served at nearly midnight. Ridiculous! so the people behind me told me to raise the incline, while eating a 00:30 in the morning. However the movie was okay with big screens.

The staff were attentive and what sleep I got made sure the cabin was comfortable with providing blankets and pillows. We landed 5 minutes ahead of estimated arrival and by time we cleared security, the bags had arrived and we were out the airport in 15 minutes after landing!

Not a bad overall service put really need to made the seats different into a much more reliable seat for sleeping and they need to release how long the flight actually is!!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls