Reply To: Interlining bags from BA to non-oneworld airline

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

Like a bolt of lightning it occurred to me last night why BA didn’t interline your bag onto Thai ……..

It’s simply their corporate culture….

“Our way or no way”…..whilst Thai will put the customer’s needs first and accommodate you, BA will look at the bigger picture…..or rather smaller insular self protecting BA first attitude…..

BA want you to use their flights wholly to reach your destination, they are probably wondering why you had the audacity not to book them directly home to HK !

If you’re allowed to interline this time, it’s just going to encourage you to seek cheaper fares and doing it again….maybe a cheap BA flight to Mumbai and then onwards with KQ or whoever……

Look at my personal situation…with the demise of BD (pre Little Red) it became an absolute chore to transit onto my preferred carrier to Vancouver …pick bags up at T5, traipse to T3 !! BA through it’s pricing policy encouraged ( twisted arm ) me to choose them and ….

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls