Reply To: Interlining bags from BA to non-oneworld airlineCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Interlining bags from BA to non-oneworld airline Reply To: Interlining bags from BA to non-oneworld airline

IanFromHKG
Participant

In fairness, Tom, I expressed disappointment and dismay at not being able to through-check, not annoyance. I was annoyed because they lied to me about why (and because they re-assigned my seat without telling me). I also asked: “Am I being unreasonable for even asking, or am I right to feel aggrieved because BA refuse to do the same as TG (or, more pertinently, because they lied about their reason for doing so)?” so I wasn’t exactly trying to invite indignant soulmates to my cause – I was trying genuinely to seek other people’s views and specifically asked if others thought I was being unreasonable

As to blaming BA for the non-arrival of the memsahib’s bag – the only evidence we have as to what happened is what CX told the memsahib – that BA didn’t deliver the bag. You may argue that CX are simply trying to shift the blame elsewhere, but since they haven’t cavilled at the idea of delivering the bags to our home when it arrives – in other words they are not trying to dodge responsibilty for doing so – I am inclined to believe what we are told and that the bag simply wasn’t delivered to them on time. And as to agents – sorry, but a principal is responsible for the actions of his servant. If BA or CX choose to use handling agents, I am still entitled to regard any failings by those agents as being the responsibility of the airlines. So – you’re right, I can’t “prove” it one way or the other, but I am still blaming BA!

And finally, the “BA don’t care” narrative – well, as mentioned above, given that other carriers are prepared to interline to non-alliance carriers, and BA won’t, I think it is fair to say that “BA don’t care” about passengers in this respect in circumstances where other airlines accommodate their wishes. I don’t think that is an unreasonable view to hold. And I would add that I have had many experiences of interlining bags before, and this was genuinely the first time I have been refused – so I was surprised and taken aback by BA’s refusal to accommodate me, even though I acknowledge again (as I have above) that they were entitled to do so.